This is a short and sweet episode that I recorded before leaving for an end-of-year vacation with my family. We talk about making goals for the new year.
At the end of the year, many people start thinking about goals and resolutions. I see absolutely no problem with that. However, it’s important to try to do them in a way that sets you up for success rather than failure. Here are a few quick tips:
- Establish goals as part of an overall year-end review.
- Keep your goals reasonable.
- You can also include larger overall aspirations, but use those as guiding lights rather than attainable goals.
- If you have too many goals, or goals that are too far from your starting point, you can set yourself up for success and continue the negative feedback loop.
- Subdivide your goals into small manageable steps.
- Even if you’re not starting with your full capacity in any given goal, you are still doing more than you did before. Start small and build from there.
2018 was a great year and I’m so pumped to knock 2019 out of the water. Thank you so much for all of your support, and for contributing your questions to the podcast. This would not be possible without you. Please continue sending me your questions, feedback, and ideas to email@example.com.
I have a pretty awesome interview coming in next week’s episode – be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Thanks for listening!
Want to help out the show and Duff the Psych?
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes. These reviews really help Duff reach potential listeners, and he appreciates every one!
- Share the show on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also buy Duff a cup of coffee, which helps fuel the energy that goes straight back into creating more content for YOU!