Hello, friends! This is a re-release of episode 74, in which I dive deep into 10 tips that you can use to get the most out of therapy. This is great advice whether you are a therapy newbie, a seasoned veteran, or still thinking about whether therapy is for you.
1. You don’t need to impress your therapist
2. Don’t lie to your therapist
3. Don’t be afraid to let it out and actually cry – people always apologize
4. Challenge your therapist, correct them, make them explain again
5. If it’s not working, say something
6. Find someone you are comfortable with
7. Get therapy sooner
8. Take notes, journal during and after, review them and self-monitor
9. Do the homework, practice the skills
10. Talk about your relationship with your therapist, WITH your therapist
Thanks for Listening!
If you know someone else who might benefit from today’s show, please do share it with them. Send them a link or shoot over a screenshot, and share it on social media to show your support – you never know who needs to hear this type of information.
Got a topic or a guest you’d like to appear on the show? Or interested in having Duff answer a question on the podcast? Please get in touch! Email Duff and maybe you’ll hear it on a future episode!
Want to help out the show and Duff the Psych?
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes. These reviews really help Duff reach potential listeners, and he appreciates every one!
- Share the show on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also buy Duff a cup of coffee, which helps fuel the energy that goes straight back into creating more content for YOU!