Hello, friends. In this episode, I sit down and hit into a rapid-fire Q&A session. I offer advice on a selection of topics including collective PTSD, caregiving with anxiety, options for clinical depression, and what to do when you’re avoiding therapy.
- I’ve had PTSD from a very young age. IDK how I feel about “collective PTSD” Thoughts?
- I’ve never been in more need to talk to a psychologist, but I can’t make myself do it whether it’s on the telephone, virtually, or in person. I keep making and canceling appointments because I chicken out. What can I do to get myself in a better mindset to speak to somebody? I live in a small town and I think that has a lot to do with speaking to a person because I feel like the anonymity is not there. I also have been having daily panic attacks due to recent traumas and years of abuse. This has led to agoraphobia in the past and I don’t want to get back to that point because I also had a nervous breakdown. What can I do to make myself follow through and speak to a professional? I have in the past and had no problem with it. I don’t know why it’s so different now. I think a big problem is I tend to always pretend like everything is OK and I feel like I’ll do that and waste a doctor’s time. Any suggestions? Thank you.
- For those with clinical depression, are meds the only way to survive? Is there any other way to lift low moods/sinking feelings which end up in isolation episodes for days, weeks? Maybe even months? How to talk to people, be more social when your mood just doesn’t elevate?
- When dealing with anxiety in general, how can one help a loved one they care for who suffers from dementia, who also gets anxiety. Any tips/advice? Also, what are your thoughts/opinions on Purity CBD(THC free)?
This episode of Hardcore Self Help is sponsored by Magic Spoon and Amp Human.
Magic Spoon produces healthy cereal that tastes too good to be true. High-protein, low-sugar, keto-friendly, and gluten-free, Magic Spoon is so confident in their product, it’s backed with a 100% happiness guarantee. Go to magicspoon.com/duff to grab a variety pack and try it today! And be sure to use our promo code DUFF at checkout to save five dollars off your order!
Amp Human is a human performance company dedicated to helping athletes at all levels unlock their limitless potential. Their latest innovation D+ Lotion is a first-of-its-kind gel-based lotion that delivers vitamin D directly through the skin. Visit amphuman.com/duff and use code DUFF15 to get 15% off D+ Lotion today.
Thanks for Listening!
If you know someone else who might benefit from today’s show, please do share it with them. Send them a link or shoot over a screenshot, and share it on social media to show your support – you never know who needs to hear this type of information.
Got a topic or a guest you’d like to appear on the show? Or interested in having Duff answer a question on the podcast? Please get in touch! Email Duff and maybe you’ll hear it on a future episode!
Want to help out the show and Duff the Psych?
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes. These reviews really help Duff reach potential listeners, and he appreciates every one!
- Share the show on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also buy Duff a cup of coffee, which helps fuel the energy that goes straight back into creating more content for YOU!