Hello, everyone! This episode is a great rapid fire Q&A session where I sit down and answer some great questions from Instagram and cover topics from knowing the difference between a panic attack and heart attack, to making new friends, PTSD, and more. Enjoy!
- How to detect bullshit mental health advice on social media. There’s a lot of it…..
- How to make new friends as I struggle to do so
- How about when to know the difference between a panic attack and a heart attack. I hate how the symptoms are nearly the same. So how do I know if it’s something serious of just another panic attack? Going to the hospital and hearing “you just had a panic attack” is so diminishing because people don’t understand it doesn’t feel like JUST a panic attack. It’s like they’re secretly thinking that I’m overreacting and it sucks.
- I don’t know if PTSD is the right term, but how to tell if flashbacks to negative thoughts is normal or some part of PTSD? If it is classified as PTSD, how should one go about getting treated for that?
- Thank you for putting this out there!!! What’s your best suggestion to stop the rumination in your brain which kicks in an anxiety attack just as you try to relax in order to sleep? The same thing happens early in the morning if something wakes me up. My mind starts going and I start worrying about everything and go into anxiety mode. I’ve tried the breathing, meditation, CBD, melatonin…etc. Just wondering if you’ve found something else that seems to do the trick. Thank you!
This episode of Hardcore Self Help is sponsored by Felix Gray and Acorn TV.
Felix Gray manufacture the Blue Light glasses that started it all. Get yourself a pair of glasses made for the 21st century and designed for modern, hardworking eyes. Go to felixgrayglasses.com/duff for the best Blue Light glasses on the market and receive Free Shipping, Free Returns, and Free Exchanges.
Acorn TV is a commercial-free streaming service that’s rooted in British television. Escape to Britain and beyond without leaving your seat and try Acorn TV free for 30 days, by going to acorn.tv and using the promo code duff when you sign up!
Thanks for Listening!
If you know someone else who might benefit from today’s show, please do share it with them. Send them a link or shoot over a screenshot, and share it on social media to show your support – you never know who needs to hear this type of information.
Got a topic or a guest you’d like to appear on the show? Or interested in having Duff answer a question on the podcast? Please get in touch! Email Duff and maybe you’ll hear it on a future episode!
Want to help out the show and Duff the Psych?
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes. These reviews really help Duff reach potential listeners, and he appreciates every one!
- Share the show on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also buy Duff a cup of coffee, which helps fuel the energy that goes straight back into creating more content for YOU!