Hello, friends. If you find meditating difficult, then I’ve created this episode just for you! I dive into the fundamentals of meditation and offer my thoughts on how you can make your meditation practices a success.
All About Meditation
Key’s To Success
I offer pointers on how to make your meditation practices a success with tips including:
Don’t be picky about posture
Using motion and sensation
Using a mantra word/image – 3d relax, water drop on lake, burning
Mix it up and go with the flow – don’t be rigid about it. Do what works for you. If you resent it, you will stop.
Concerns and Difficulties
I address difficulties and concerns from listeners surrounding meditation including:
- When sitting is painful – it’s a barrier for chronic pain
- Dissociation in meditation. Depersonalization hits when trying to meditate without a focal point. Tend to get floaty and have to reel brain back into body.
- When Tinnitus makes meditation tough.
- Forgetting what I’m trying to be mindful about while meditating.
From Thomas James Mundell:
This episode of Hardcore Self Help is sponsored by BetterHelp and MasterClass.
If you are in a mental health slump, consider reaching out to a licensed professional to help. BetterHelp has a large counselor network and you can begin chatting with someone very quickly. Check out betterhelp.com/duff to get 10% off your first month.
MasterClass gives you the chance to learn from the world’s best minds – anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace. Check it out now and get unlimited access to every MasterClass. and as a special offer for listeners, you get 15% off an annual membership! Go to masterclass.com/duff for 15% off MasterClass.
Thanks for Listening!
If you know someone else who might benefit from today’s show, please do share it with them. Send them a link or shoot over a screenshot, and share it on social media to show your support – you never know who needs to hear this type of information.
Got a topic or a guest you’d like to appear on the show? Or interested in having Duff answer a question on the podcast? Please get in touch! Email Duff and maybe you’ll hear it on a future episode!
Want to help out the show and Duff the Psych?
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes. These reviews really help Duff reach potential listeners, and he appreciates every one!
- Share the show on Facebook or Twitter.
- You can also buy Duff a cup of coffee, which helps fuel the energy that goes straight back into creating more content for YOU!